31 August, 2012
Cinnamon Crusted Peach Wraps
This dessert makes an incredible summer favorite topped with ice cream or a comfort warm winter treat. The peaches have a perfect balance of ginger and almond, topped backed with with a cinnamon sugar topping . You don't have to wait for peach season for this southern specialty.
- 3-4 cups sliced peaches (3-4 large fresh peaches or 1 bag of frozen)
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract or almond liqueur (Disaronno)
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 6-8 wheat 4 inch tortillas
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated cane juice or granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray 7x9 square pan with cooking spray.
- Toss peaches in a bowl with almond extract and ginger
- Fill tortillas evenly with peach mixture, roll and place seam side down in the pan.
- Mix together both sugars and melted butter
- Spread over tortillas, sprinkle with ground cinnamon
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly (frozen peaches make take 30-35 minutes)
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped heavy cream topping if desire