1 August, 2012
Powdered Sugar Glaze
This icing a great powdered sugar glaze or a base for flavored glazes and icing. Use this base recipe to make an almond glaze over your favorite blueberry cake. Substitute with orange juice and rind for orange glazed rolls. Add apple juice and cinnamon to glaze your apple strudel.
- 2¼ cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- ½ to 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl
- Add all remaining ingredients to powdered sugar
- Gently hand whisk until smooth.