28 September, 2009
Cheese Cake ‘SIN’sation
Recipe: Cheese Cake 'SIN'sation
Summary: Cheese Cake with puff pastry that can be served as a dessert, dessert squares or even a breakfast pastry. This is my recipe that ALWAYS has rave reviews. Double cream cheese mixture for a 9x13 size pan.
Try this! This recipe has evolved. I originally started with canned crescent rolls as the crust. By accident my mother-in-law made the crust with Pillsbury pie crust and my daughter liked it better than the puff pastry.
- Puff Pastry sheets (such as Pepperidge Farm Ready-to-Bake Sheets)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened (go 1/3 reduced fat or fat free)
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1/4 cup butter or half of a stick of butter (can use reduced fat butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (divided)
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Using Electric mixer, mix room temperature cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Spray 7x10 pan. Place puff pastry sheet covering bottom of the pan.
- Spread Cream Cheese Mixture evenly across puff pastry.
- Place top layer of puff pastry over Cream Cheese Mixture.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt butter then mix in 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread evenly over the top layer of puff pastry. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until top gets golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely if you want to cut into squares or serve slightly warm if you want to serve as a breakfast pastry.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Diet (other): Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Recipe by Vickie.