24 October, 2009
Sugar N’ Spice Nuts
These nuts have a nice savory and sweet taste and then finish with a nice kick. Change it up to your taste by subbing in half of your favorite nuts or change it up all together. These are so good to make for game time goodies, thanksgiving appetizers and in Christmas goodie bag gifts.
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ to ¾ cup dried cranberries or cherries
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk egg white until foamy; add nuts and cranberries.
- Fold nuts in egg until coated evenly
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over nuts and toss to coat.
- Spray baking sheet then spread nut mixture in a single layer. (Baking stone works best).
- Bake at 300F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Cool and store in airtight container.