Recipe: Crescent French Toast
Summary: I used reduced fat crescent rolls, fat free half and half and egg substitute to cut back on the fat. I used part sugar free syrup and pure maple to sweeten up without all the sugar and calories. Gourmet without Guilt!
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes fat free half and half
- ground cinnamon
- can of reduced fat crescents (Pillsbury can reduced fat crescent rolls)
- Cary’s sugar free syrup
- Maple Grove Pure Maple Syrup
- Fresh Blueberries or fruit of choice
- Cooking spray
- Bake crescents as directed.
- Cut crescents length-wise
- Mix egg substitute and half & half.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (re-sprinkle as needed).
- Warm skillet to medium heat or 300F electric skillet.
- Spray skillet.
- Dip crescents in egg mix and lay flat side down.
- Check crescent and flip cooking both sides to a golden brown.
- Warm syrups separately in microwave.
- Top French Toast with fruit
- Pour sugar free syrup over French Toast first and pure maple over the sugar free.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: French
Recipe by Vickie
Microformatting by hRecipe.